- Reads quarterbacks eyes and reacts quickly to targets in zone coverage.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
How other scouting services rate Jake Hansen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank