Draft Profile: BioJalen Rivers from Oakleaf High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rivers opted to join Miami.
In 2020 as a freshman Rivers saw action in 3 games and played on a total of 31 snaps for the Hurricanes. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at tight tackle, and the rest at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 3 games and a total of 159 snaps. He conceded 3 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Best asset is his strength and disposition as a run blocker. Gives a strong initial punch. Plays with good leverage bends at the knees and sees what he's hitting, showing the ability to roll his hips into the defender and drive him off the line of scrimmage.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Rivers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank