Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 175 (NYJ)
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Has good trajectory assessment on the thrown ball, breaks quickly and has decent ball skills
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Takes poor angles on the ball and lacks the pure speed to chase down the ballcarrier.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
How other scouting services rate Jason Pinnock (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank