Draft Profile: BioJaxon Player from Midway High High School was rated a 3 star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.843. Following high school, Player opted to join Tulsa.
In 2018 as a freshman Player saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 163 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He recorded 6 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Golden Hurricane in 2019 Player played in 9 games and took part on 369 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He recorded 21 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 16 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 13 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Player played in 9 games and contributed on 504 snaps. He recorded 28 tackles, 8 assists, while making 27 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 36 total pressures, which included 28 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Player logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 520 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He also added 22 tackles, 15 assists, and 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 36 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 5 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Player shows impressive burst and enough quickness to occasionally threaten the edge as a pass rusher.
- Player has an excellent motor and shows the stamina to last deep into the fourth quarter.
- He’s a high-effort pass rusher who shows good initial quickness and the ability to beat blockers to the inside.
- Combines excellent power with initial quickness, but one of his best attributes are his violent hands, which Player uses with impressive precision.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Player remains a bit raw, as Player is inconsistent with his hand use and lacks violence in his hands
- As a pass rusher, his hand use is inconsistent. He’s short on counter moves in the pass rush.
- Player is on the short side, and he too often relies on his ability to overpower blockers rather than developing a repertoire of pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Jaxon Player (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank