Signed as an undrafted free agent by Detroit Lions
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Very raw from a technique and instincts standpoint. Overaggressive, taking too many chances for the big play.
- Undersized with a lean frame and little room to get too much bigger. A one-speed player with ordinary explosion and acceleration.
- Undisciplined, with inconsistent tackling technique, and does a poor job finishing in space. Suspect ball skills and can be eliminated from the play by a single blocker.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Needs to do a better job breaking down in space and in tight areas - streaky tackler.
How other scouting services rate Jerry Jacobs (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank