Signed as an undrafted free agent by Atlanta Falcons
- Quickly secures and protects the ball. Tracks the ball well and adjusts to off-target throws.
- Has smooth body control, reliable hands and natural ball skills to adjust to off-target throws and make impressive catch.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- Can seal the edge as an in-line blocker. Not an intimidator but has enough strength, leverage and a solid base.
- Will never be a dominant blocker because of frame. Can be bull rushed.
- Lacks size and has a lean build, short stature and average length.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
- Tight hips, limited long speed and isn't naturally explosive. Not an in-line blocker with a weak base.
- Has a smallish frame with underwhelming power, lean arms and little muscle definition.
How other scouting services rate John Raine (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank