- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Best fit is in a zone scheme considering he lacks the vertical speed to shadow elite receivers.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Lacks fluidity and explosion. Looks unnatural in backpedal and must improve fundamental tackling.
- Average vertical speed and he doesn't trust his skills.
- Struggles in man coverage when he has to turn and run; hips are stiff and he doesn't transition well.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
How other scouting services rate Josh Caldwell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank