- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination. Good recognition as a runner and pass blocker. Natural receiver with versatility as a route-runner.
- Not overly explosive, lacks a special burst. Minimal open-field moves and lacks great vertical speed. Tends to dance too much and indecisive at the line of scrimmage.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- May not break away from NFL defenders. Has had fumbling issues and doesn't shift the ball to outside arm.
- Not overly physical for his size and won't run over defenders - doesn't break enough tackles.
- Needs to show better patience to allow blocks to develop and is too often running up the backs of his blockers. He isn't naturally explosive as a runner and lacks elusiveness in the open field.
How other scouting services rate Justin Covington (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank