Draft Profile: BioKahlef Hailassie attended Cosumnes Oaks High School and was Following high school, Hailassie opted to join Oregon.
In 2018 as a freshman Hailassie saw action in 5 games and played a total of 76 snaps at cornerback for the Ducks. He recorded only 2 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop. In coverage Hailassie notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 152.4.
After the end of the season he transferred to Western Kentucky where as a sophomore for the Hilltoppers in 2021 Hailassie played in 14 games and logged 733 snaps for the Hilltoppers. He made 48 tackles, 13 assists, and had 11 stops. In coverage he totaled 6 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 75.3.
In 2022 as a junior Hailassie played in 12 games and contributed on 668 snaps. He chalked up decent 54 tackles, 7 assists, and added 27 stops. In the secondary Hailassie forced 13 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a very good QB rating when targetted of 74.2. He also logged 6 total pressures, and 3 sacks on the year
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Flashes intimidating attitude and will crush tiptoeing receivers across the middle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Hailassie plays high and tends to struggle with change of direction, and Hailassie also shows some stiffness when he has to flip his hips.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
Kahlef Hailassie percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kahlef Hailassie (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank