- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Does not test offensive linemen with quickness or strong initial punch.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Kevin Kegler (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank