- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- Can seal the edge as an in-line blocker. Not an intimidator but has enough strength, leverage and a solid base.
- He is a highly competitive player and quickly gets to the perimeter, blocking well in space and at the second level.
- Doesn't explode off the line of scrimmage and lacks burst in his open-field moves. Drops too many catchable passes and can be overwhelmed at the point as a blocker.
- Will have his share of drops with inconsistent focus and too often tried running with the ball before the catch.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
How other scouting services rate Kyle Penniston (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank