- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Surprising initial quickness off the snap. Relies mostly on a simple bull rush at this point, which is quite effective in collapsing the pocket.
- Strong, stout interior presence who often requires double team blocks to keep him from clogging running lanes. Short, thick legs and thick trunk which aid him in anchoring.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate Lorenzo Neal (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank