- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Very good athleticism and flexibility. Has plus speed for the position and a second gear with good recovery speed to make up for missed plays.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Somewhat small, will give up catches to big receivers even when he has tight coverage. Does not consistently deliver a stout chuck in press coverage.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Lacks ideal size and frame with limited measureables and short arms that render him helpless against bigger receivers.
- Runs with the ball exposed. Has boom-or-bust qualities.
- Can leap but his size will be detrimental in box-out situations. Bites on play-action and isn't always in tune with rest of secondary.
How other scouting services rate Marlin Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank