Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 189 (PHI)
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Hands could be much more violent when trying to gain control of the block. Does not hold his ground while facing a double-team; first instinct is to roll away to make a play, which can create a large hole.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate Marlon Tuipulotu (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank