Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 206 (DEN)
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
Matt Henningsen percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Matt Henningsen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank