- Lacks a true burst through the hole and elite speed to break away or get to the corner against NFL defenses.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- May not break away from NFL defenders. Has had fumbling issues and doesn't shift the ball to outside arm.
- Size will be a detriment between the tackles at the next level. Lacks the strength to push the pile or break off NFL linebacker tackles inside. Can be brought down or knocked back by strong arm tackles. Can be steamrolled by NFL defensive ends or leapt in a single bound by most pass rushers if he attempts to chip block.
How other scouting services rate Michael Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank