- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Has limited range and is more of a run-stuffer who won't make many plays in the backfield - a mid-round, prospect who should be able to offer depth along the defensive line in any scheme.
How other scouting services rate Michael Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank