- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
How other scouting services rate Mike Hampton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank