- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Has a solidly built frame with good upperbody strength and tenacity. Works hard to get to the ball. Plays fast with good initial quickness and closing speed to create havoc in the backfield.
- Versatile enough to drop and could be viewed as a 3-4 linebacker.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- A hard worker with size and bulk limitations .in addition to small hands and short arms.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Nate Givhan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank