Draft Profile: BioNick Andersen attended Centreville High School and was Following high school, Andersen opted to join Wake Forest.
In 2020 as a freshman Andersen saw action in 9 games and played a total of 509 snaps at Safety for the Demon Deacons. He recorded decent 51 tackles, 10 assists, while adding 10 stops. In coverage Andersen notched up 5 pass break ups, 4 interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 111.6.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 11 games and logged 603 snaps for the Demon Deacons. He made 39 tackles, 8 assists, and had 13 stops. In coverage he totaled 4 pass break ups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 107.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tracks the ball well and has the natural ball skills for forcing turnovers.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Great on route recognition and has click-and-close ability
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- He’s also very good in zone coverage, showing a great understanding of routes and the ability to close quickly.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Rght now he’s only capable of playing in trail position, and even then he’d likely be draw a lot of flags.
- Andersen gets beat over the top too often, and Andersen tends to panic and get too handsy when running downfield.
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
How other scouting services rate Nick Andersen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank