- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
How other scouting services rate PJ Mustipher (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank