Draft Profile: BioPJ Mustipher from McDonogh High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Mustipher opted to join Penn State.
In 2018 as a freshman Mustipher saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 196 snaps for the Nittany Lions. He recorded 9 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 5 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Nittany Lions in 2019 Mustipher played in 13 games and took part on 436 snaps for the Nittany Lions. He recorded 25 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 20 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 10 total pressures, and 8 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Mustipher played in 9 games and contributed on 436 snaps. He recorded 24 tackles, 3 assists, while making 20 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 9 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Mustipher logged playing time in 6 games and logged a total of 228 snaps for the Nittany Lions. He also added 22 tackles, 3 assists, and 16 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
How other scouting services rate PJ Mustipher (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank