Signed as an undrafted free agent by Detroit Lions
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Compact build with a thick upper body and leg strength. Runs hard and with balance, is a patient runner who makes subtle, energetic cuts to make up for his modest explosiveness.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- A tall, upright runner who lacks great power as a runner. Not a quick-twitch athlete and is forced to gear down too much. Not very loose throughout his frame; looks tight redirecting. Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
How other scouting services rate Rakeem Boyd (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank