Draft Profile: BioRashad Colson from Miami Norland High High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Colson joined Florida International.
In 2019 as a freshman Colson saw action in 11 games and played a total of 260 snaps for the Panthers. He recorded only 5 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 5 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included one QB hurry, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Panthers in 2020 Colson played in 4 games and took part in 81 snaps for the Panthers. He recorded only one tackle, one assist, while adding one stop.
In 2021 as a junior Colson played in 4 games and contributed on 116 snaps. He recorded only 2 tackles, 2 assists while making one stop.
After season's end Colson transferred to Alabama A&M where as a senior for the Bulldogs in 2022 Colson played just one game and took part in 47 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added only one tackle, no assists, and one stop.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Colson has an impressive blend of length and movement skills, capable of dominating shorter interior blockers as a penetrator and showing lateral agility in addition to speed in pursuit.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Colson has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- He’s excellent at setting the edge against the run, with the core strength and long arms to stack and shed blockers. He displays the awareness to read plays and locate the ball quickly.
- Possesses the length and power to ward off offensive tackles.
- Colson has decent enough flexibility to bend the edge, and he shows a good closing burst.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Colson struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
- His spin move is a bit slow and mechanical. He’s susceptible to cut blocks, a tactic that was used on him often
How other scouting services rate Rashad Colson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank