- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Rodjay Burns (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank