- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Rodjay Burns (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank