Draft Profile: BioSean Shaw Jr. from Jones High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Shaw Jr. opted to join Iowa State.
In 2019 as a freshman Shaw Jr. saw action in 11 games for the Cyclones as he made 15 receptions for a solid 231 yards for an average of 15.4 yards per reception, with 5 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 137.9.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 12 games and had a solid 21 catches for 212 yards for an average of 10.1 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 94.8.
As a junior in 2021 he played 11 games and hauled in just 9 catches for just 84 yards for an average of 9.3 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 104.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Physical player able to get off press coverage to release up the sideline or position himself inside the cornerback on slants and crossing routes.
- Fearless in traffic. Very good hand-eye coordination with large, soft hands. Plays confident. High-points the ball. Strong possession receiver.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Shaw shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
- Has a tall frame and long arms, plus strong hands, giving him a huge catch radius.
- A major factor is his size, strength and explosive athleticism, but he also has a knack for tracking and high-pointing the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Shaw won't threaten the top of the defense.
- He lacks the twitch to create consistent separation, and despite his size and ability to track the ball downfield, Shaw isn’t great on contested catches.
- Shaw really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
How other scouting services rate Sean Shaw Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank