Draft Profile: BioSean Shaw Jr. from Jones High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Shaw Jr. opted to join Iowa State.
In 2019 as a freshman Shaw Jr. saw action in 11 games for the Cyclones as he made 15 receptions for 231 yards for an average of 15.4 yards per reception, with 5 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 137.9.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 12 games and had 21 catches for 212 yards for an average of 10.1 yards per catch, with one TD, and a QB rating when targeted of 94.8.
As a junior in 2021 he played in 11 games and hauled in 9 catches for 84 yards for an average of 9.3 yards per catch, with one TD, and a QB rating when targeted of 104.5.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Hands and ball skills are good but inconsistent. He would best fit in the NFL with a team that already has speed at wideout and is looking for an underneath possession receiver and strong blocker.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Sean Shaw Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank