- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Does not always show a burst in the box, anticipates contact. Can get I turned easily on draws and inside isolation plays, shuffling and failing to restart momentum. Power in his cuts has been inconsistent. Tripped upon first contact.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
How other scouting services rate Shamari Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank