- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
How other scouting services rate Tomon Fox (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank