- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
How other scouting services rate Trae Meadows (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank