- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
- Works hard to get better and gives top effort on every play. Heads-up defender who shows good field awareness.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Spends a lot of time outside the box in coverage, but he has the strength to hold the edge against large tight ends and linemen.
- Stiff in space with poor lateral agility and range. Not fluid changing direction. Struggles to tackle in the open field and falls off too many tackles going for the TKO.
- High-cut and long-legged, and he does not have elite acceleration.
- Limited athlete, lacks NFL playing speed and isn't explosive. Consistently a step behind in pursuit.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate Tre Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank