Drafted: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 78 (CLE)
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Spends a lot of time outside the box in coverage, but he has the strength to hold the edge against large tight ends and linemen.
- Works hard to get better and gives top effort on every play. Heads-up defender who shows good field awareness.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Stiff in space with poor lateral agility and range. Not fluid changing direction. Struggles to tackle in the open field and falls off too many tackles going for the TKO.
- High-cut and long-legged, and he does not have elite acceleration.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Limited athlete, lacks NFL playing speed and isn't explosive. Consistently a step behind in pursuit.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
Alex Wright percentiles vs other Outside Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Alex Wright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank