Draft Profile: BioAmeer Speed attended Sandalwood High School and was rated a 3 star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.880, going unranked by ESPN Following high school, Speed opted to join Georgia.
In 2018 as a freshman Speed saw action in 2 games and played on a total of 21 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Speed notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2019 Speed played in 4 games and took part on 37 snaps for the Bulldogs. He made 3 tackles, no assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage Speed totaled no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 118.8.
In 2020 as a junior Speed played in 4 games and contributed on 40 snaps. He chalked up no tackles, no assists, and added no stops. In the secondary Speed forced no pass break ups, no interceptions, and gave up a QB rating when targetted of 39.6.
In 2021 as a senior Speed saw action in 10 games while playing on 181 snaps. He logged 7 tackles, 6 assists, and made one stop. In coverage Speed had no pass break ups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 156.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Speed can flip his hips and run, with good top-end speed and the length to make plays on the ball.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Is an explosive mover with quickness and speed. He’s at his best attacking downhill, shooting gaps in run support, and disrupting the backfield.
- His ball skills are very good. Speed tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Speed isn’t targeted often.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- NFL teams are going to test him deep early on, and he’ll also be prone to flags since he’s grabby downfield.
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
How other scouting services rate Ameer Speed (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank