Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 206 (CIN)
Draft Profile: BioAfter Punahou high school where Iosivas played football, basketball, and ran track opted to join Princeton.
In 2019 as a freshman Iosivas saw action in 9 games for the Tigers as he made 18 receptions for 263 yards for an average of 14.6 yards per reception, with 4 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 117.6.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 10 games and had 42 catches for 709 yards for an average of 16.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 118.5.
As a junior in 2022 he played 10 games and hauled in 4 catches for an excellent 924 yards for an average of 14.4 yards per catch, with 7 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 118.0.
Honors & awards
- Phil Steele FCS First-Team All-America
- Stats Perform FCS Second-Team All-America
- Associated Press Second-Team All-America
- HERO Sports FCS All-America
- First-Team All-Ivy
- Phil Steele Ivy Offensive Player of the Year
- Phil Steele First-Team All-Ivy (2021 and 2022)
- Second-Team All-Ivy (2021)
- Senior Bowl Offensive Player of the Week
- East-West Shrine Bowl Outbreak Offensive Player of the Week (Oct. 10, 2022)
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. He has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #15. He wrote "In track, he finished fourth in the country in the heptathlon and ran the fastest 60 in NCAA heptathlon history (6.71). Iosivas bench pressed 370 pounds this month and has vertical-jumped 39 inches. His 60-yard dash time would, by his own estimation, translate into a 4.2-something 40, but he points out that it was also out of the blocks and on a track, so maybe not. His position coach, Brian Flinn, predicts when Iosivas goes through the draft process and performs those tests he will “destroy them all."
- Iosivas shows suddenness off the line of scrimmage and accelerates quickly, and his top-end speed is among the best in this draft.
- Plays the more traditional and in-demand position of outside position - lined up at the Z position 85% in 2022
- He has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- A fluid mover capable of creating some separation over the middle of the field, Iosivas has the long arms and soft hands to provide a sizable catch radius.
- Iosivas plays with a smoothness and balance, and he shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has a tall frame and long arms, plus strong hands, giving him a huge catch radius.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Iosivas has only ever played against sub-par competition in the Ivy League and while it's fair to say you can only beat the players in front of you - he never totally dominated
- Has not displayed the kind of separation you would expect for an athlete with that kind of timed speed
- Struggles against press coverage - lets defenders get into his pads - killing his routes
- Ran a very limited route tree at Princeton
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- More fast than quick and not particularly twitchy
Scouting Report: SummaryAndrei Iosivas is an interesting prospect who has a chance to be the fastest player at the NFL combine - which will only boost his stock. In addition to having sprinter's speed, he's also got the prototypical size for an outside receiver standing 6-3 and weighing in at 200lbs, and also possesses consistent soft hands. He however has never played against decent competition playing for Princeton and so his stats, while far from meaningless can't be given the same weight as a prospect from a big school.
Despite his small school origins NFL teams will find it hard to overlook his elite measurables and so we could easily see him picked before the end of the third round of the 2023 NFL draft.
Andrei Iosivas percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Andrei Iosivas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank