Draft Profile: BioAnthony Johnson attended Chaminade-Madonna Prep High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.830, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Johnson opted to join Louisville.
In 2018 as a freshman Johnson saw action in 7 games and played a total of 237 snaps at cornerback for the Cardinals. He recorded 13 tackles, no assists, while adding 4 stops. In coverage Johnson notched up 4 pass breakups, one interception, and an impressive QB rating when targetted of 57.4.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games and logged 480 snaps for the Cardinals. He made 24 tackles, 2 assists, and had 6 stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 107.9.
In 2020 as a junior Johnson played in 9 games and contributed on 119 snaps. He chalked up just 2 tackles, no assists, and added one stop. In the secondary Johnson forced 5 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up an elite QB rating when targetted of 39.6.
After season's end Johnson transferred to Virginia where as a senior for the Cavaliers in 2021 Johnson played in 12 games and took part in 777 snaps for the Cavaliers. He logged 33 tackles, 13 assists, and made 11 stops. In coverage Johnson had 6 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, and surrendered an impressive QB rating when targetted of 62.7.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Johnson saw action in 10 games while playing 734 snaps. He logged 46 tackles, 11 assists, and made 13 stops. In coverage Johnson had 9 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered an elite QB rating when targetted of 51.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Physical downfield and matches up well with bigger receivers. Tough and fiery with very good competitiveness. High-effort player.
- Instinctive, adept at reading routes and anticipating throws, and strong in zone coverage.
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Plays with the natural balance and ultra-quick feet to mirror underneath, and he’s tremendous at reading routes and reading quarterbacks.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Johnson plays high and tends to struggle with change of direction, and Johnson also shows some stiffness when he has to flip his hips.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Gets sloppy with his backpedal when playing off-man and seems to lack the instincts to close on the ball.
Anthony Johnson percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Anthony Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank