Draft Profile: BioBo Bauer from Cathedral Prep High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Bauer opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2018 as a freshman Bauer saw action in 2 games and played on a total of 20 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He recorded 4 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Fighting Irish in 2019 Bauer played in 6 games and took part on 91 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He recorded 10 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 5 stops.
In 2020 as a junior Bauer played in 12 games and contributed on 275 snaps. He recorded 15 tackles, 2 assists, while making 12 stops. In coverage Bauer chalked up one pass break up, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 81.9. As a pass rusher, he produced 11 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Bauer logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 354 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He also added 28 tackles, 10 assists, and 17 stops. While in coverage Bauer made 2 pass break ups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 39.3. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Will stiff-arm linemen to stay free on some plays. Athletic enough to stay with running backs out of the backfield and knock receivers off crossing routes.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
How other scouting services rate Bo Bauer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank