Draft Profile: BioBo Bauer from Cathedral Prep High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Bauer joined Notre Dame after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Bauer saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 20 snaps at linebacker for the Fighting Irish. He recorded just 4 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Fighting Irish in 2019 Bauer played in 6 games and took part in 91 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He recorded 10 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 5 stops.
In 2020 as a junior Bauer played in 12 games and contributed on 275 snaps. He recorded 15 tackles, 2 assists while making 12 stops. In coverage Bauer chalked up one pass breakup, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 81.9. As a pass rusher, he produced 11 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Bauer logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 354 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He also added 28 tackles, 10 assists, and 17 stops. While in coverage Bauer made 2 pass breakups, one interception, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 39.3. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included 7 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Bauer logged playing time in 5 games and logged a total of 71 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He also added just 6 tackles, no assists, and 4 stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Bauer has enough speed to chase and run in pursuit. He has the overall athleticism to hold up in space when dropping into coverage.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- He’s at his best in coverage. He’s a fluid mover capable of turning and running with tight ends or mirroring backs coming out of the backfield.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Bauer will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ballcarrier.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll need to be covered up to be effective. He’s not the kind of guy you can line up in the pass rush and have him bend the edge; he’s limited to shooting through gaps.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
Bo Bauer percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Bo Bauer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank