- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
How other scouting services rate Cam Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank