- Quick setting up after the snap and slides well to the outside, staying patient and balanced off the snap.
- Has the agility, technique, and size to contribute early in his professional career. Quick, active hands to latch on to defenders.
- Has the ability to sink his hips and generate real power with strong hands. Consistently moves defenders back. Grades out extremely well in every aspect of run blocking.
- Quick feet to get inside of defensive tackles to wall off inside and reach linebackers at the second level.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Oversteps on his kick-side, allowing too wide of a lane back inside for pass rushers able to re-direct quickly. Has more power than quickness, struggles to re-direct and hit the moving target. Lunges too often, leading to flailing missed blocks.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Chasen Hines (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank