Draft Profile: BioDaShaun White from Richland High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, White joined Oklahoma after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman White saw action in 8 games and played a total of 108 snaps at linebacker for the Sooners. He recorded 11 tackles, one assist, while adding 4 stops.
As a sophomore for the Sooners in 2019 White played in 14 games and took part in 544 snaps for the Sooners. He recorded 35 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 18 stops. In coverage White made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 136.7. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 11 total pressures, and 7 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior White played in 11 games and contributed on 458 snaps. He recorded 26 tackles, 6 assists while making 16 stops. In coverage White chalked up 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 99.6. As a pass rusher, he produced 9 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior White logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 507 snaps for the Sooners. He also added 49 tackles, 16 assists, and 28 stops. While in coverage White made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 126.7. As a pass rusher, he tallied 6 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior White logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 882 snaps for the Sooners. He also added 46 tackles, 29 assists, and 29 stops. While in coverage White made 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 80.5. As a pass rusher, he tallied 11 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- White shows good quickness off the line of scrimmage and flashes the violent hands to win around the edge.
- He’s at his best in coverage. He’s a fluid mover capable of turning and running with tight ends or mirroring backs coming out of the backfield.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- He can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- He has ability as a blitzer, with the length and flexibility to get around the edge.
- Along with great instincts, he’s an explosive mover. White can disrupt plays in the backfield due to his ability to read and react quickly.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- He’ll also need to be covered in the run game, more of a Will than a Mike in a 4-3 alignment.
- White lacks the ability to drop weight and anchor against the run, getting manhandled at the point of attack.
DaShaun White percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate DaShaun White (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank