Draft Profile: BioDante Stills from Fairmont High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Stills joined West Virginia after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Stills saw action in 12 games and played a total of 219 snaps at Edge Rusher for the Mountaineers. He recorded 12 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 12 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Mountaineers in 2019 Stills played in 12 games and took part in 410 snaps for the Mountaineers. He recorded 15 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 18 total pressures, and 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and a decent 7 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Stills played in 10 games and contributed on 503 snaps. He recorded 27 tackles, 4 assists while making 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 23 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Stills logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 645 snaps for the Mountaineers. He also added 26 tackles, 3 assists, and 31 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 29 total pressures, which included 14 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and an impressive 8 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Stills has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
- Possesses the length and power to ward off offensive tackles.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and Stills displays a very good motor.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- While he’s a decent lateral mover, Stills doesn’t show great closing speed when he has to chase in pursuit.
- Stills has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
How other scouting services rate Dante Stills (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank