Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 213 (ARI)
Draft Profile: BioDante Stills from Fairmont High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Stills joined West Virginia after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Stills saw action in 12 games and played a total of 219 snaps for the Mountaineers. He recorded 12 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 12 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Mountaineers in 2019 Stills played in 12 games and took part in 410 snaps for the Mountaineers. He recorded 15 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 18 total pressures, and 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 7 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Stills played in 10 games and contributed on 503 snaps. He recorded 27 tackles, 4 assists while making 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 23 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Stills logged playing time in 13 games and logged a total of 645 snaps for the Mountaineers. He also added 26 tackles, 3 assists, and 31 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 29 total pressures, which included 14 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and an impressive 8 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Stills logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 599 snaps for the Mountaineers. He also added 14 tackles, 9 assists, and 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 30 total pressures, which included 21 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 5 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Stills has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
- Possesses the length and power to ward off offensive tackles.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and Stills displays a very good motor.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- While he’s a decent lateral mover, Stills doesn’t show great closing speed when he has to chase in pursuit.
- Stills has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
Dante Stills percentiles vs other Defensive Linemen (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Dante Stills (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank