Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 159 (IND)
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
Eric Johnson percentiles vs other Defensive Line's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Eric Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank