- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Often engulfed by NFL-caliber tackles due to his lack of height. Must improve consistency in beating cut blocks.
How other scouting services rate Isaac Slade-Matautia (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank