Draft Profile: BioIsaiah Moore from Lloyd C. Bird High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Moore joined NC State.
In 2018 as a freshman Moore saw action in 12 games and played a total of 671 snaps at Linebacker for the Wolfpack. He recorded 46 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 30 stops. In coverage Moore notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 113.0. As a pass rusher, he added 18 total pressures, which included 10 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and a solid a solid 4 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Wolfpack in 2019 Moore played in 11 games and took part in 595 snaps for the Wolfpack. He recorded 39 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 22 stops. In coverage Moore made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 120.7. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 22 total pressures, and 15 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 3 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Moore played in 12 games and contributed on 754 snaps. He recorded solid 70 tackles, 21 assists while making 45 stops. In coverage Moore chalked up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 95.8. As a pass rusher, he produced 20 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 10 QB hits, and a solid 4 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Moore logged playing time in 7 games and logged a total of 342 snaps for the Wolfpack. He also added 28 tackles, 10 assists, and 18 stops. While in coverage Moore made 3 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 104.0. As a pass rusher, he tallied 10 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a capable blitzer with the ability to close quickly. He’s also very good in coverage, rangy with good awareness in zone coverage, and fluid and fast enough to run with most tight ends.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Physical at the point of attack and works hard to shed blocks. Enjoys contact and is a forceful tackler. Effective blitzer with the speed to reach the backfield and create backside pressure.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Moore shows excellent awareness in coverage when dropping into zone.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- As a pass rusher, Moore needs the scheme to create deception and confusion to give him a free run.
- He’s often slow to react and locate the ball against the run.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Moore (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank