- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Sacks and pressures are product of hustle. Gives effort on every play. Holds the point with length and strong upper body.
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Plays tall and gets upright off the snap. Wins with upper-body strength and needs to focus on leverage.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank