Draft Profile: BioJalen Redmond from Midwest City High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Redmond joined Oklahoma after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Redmond saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 38 snaps at Edge Rusher for the Sooners. He recorded just 6 tackles, no assists, while adding 6 stops.
As a sophomore for the Sooners in 2019 Redmond played in 13 games and took part in 332 snaps for the Sooners. He recorded just 8 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 23 total pressures, and 11 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a solid 7 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Redmond played in 8 games and contributed on 309 snaps. He recorded 11 tackles, 5 assists while making 12 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 29 total pressures, which included 18 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Redmond is a high-motor pass rusher who shows a good feel for countering, and Redmond has the functional strength to bounce off tackles and close on the quarterback with second effort.
- His closing burst is outstanding, and he routinely finished plays last year. He has range and toughness as a run defender, capable of dropping anchor to set the edge and showing the acceleration to chase down the backside in pursuit.
- His handwork is excellent. Redmond is tough against the run, playing with a firm base when setting the edge and showing the upper-body strength to stack and shed blockers.
- Has enough twitch and speed to make an impact coming off the edge as a third-down specialist.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
- His spin is his best move, tight and quick to the point that blockers don’t have time to react to it. His closing burst is outstanding.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Redmond is so eager to get upfield that Redmond often abandons responsibilities against the run.
- Because he doesn’t show much variety in his pass-rush moves, he may have to come offthe field on third downs.
- Redmond lacks suddenness as a mover, and he isn’t going to do much in the pass rush when working one-on-one.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Redmond (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank