Draft Profile: BioJarquez Hunter from Neshoba Central High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Hunter joined Auburn.
In 2021 as a freshman Hunter saw action in 13 games for the Tigers as he ran for 593 yards on 89 attempts for an elite 6.7 yards per carry, with 3 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made only 12 receptions for 61 yards.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played 12 games. and rushed for 670 yards on 104 carries for an elite 6.4 ypc, with 7 TDs, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 17 receptions for 224 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s outstanding as a receiver, with good hands and the coordination to snatch away from his body and fluidly transition to a runner.
- Hunter gets low and rarely absorbs significant contact, and Hunter shows a nice blend of quickness and patience, maximizing his blocking.
- He is elite as a receiver. He runs routes as well as most receivers and has natural hands, snatching the ball away from his body.
- His vision is outstanding, and he has an innate understanding of when to go and when to sit back and wait for blocks to develop. He thrives as a one-cut back
- Hunter shows suddenness off the line of scrimmage and accelerates quickly, and his top-end speed is among the best in this draft.
- He’s a weapon in the screen game, quickly transitioning from receiver to runner and showing the twitch to make defenders miss in space.
- An instinctive runner, he has a knack for setting up defenders and making people miss in space. He’s at his best in space and on the perimeter, where he shows the balance and acceleration, plus pure speed, to make a move and then take off.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hunter has a slight build, especially for a running back, and Hunter isn’t going to grind out yardage between the tackles, as he lacks power and runs with a fairly high pad level.
- He doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
- Hunter really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
How other scouting services rate Jarquez Hunter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank