Draft Profile: BioJarrick Bernard-Converse attended Evangel Christian Academy High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.840, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Bernard-Converse opted to join Oklahoma State.
In 2018 as a freshman Bernard-Converse saw action in 13 games and played a total of 743 snaps at cornerback for the Cowboys. He recorded decent 54 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 19 stops. In coverage Bernard-Converse notched up one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 103.6. He added 6 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and logged 800 snaps for the Cowboys. He made 44 tackles, 5 assists, and had 19 stops. In coverage he totaled 5 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 111.4.
In 2020 as a junior Bernard-Converse played in 11 games and contributed on 614 snaps. He chalked up 33 tackles, 4 assists, and added 9 stops. In the secondary Bernard-Converse forced 7 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up a solid QB rating when targetted of 82.7.
In 2021 as a senior Bernard-Converse saw action in 14 games while playing 770 snaps. He logged 46 tackles, 5 assists, and made 19 stops. In coverage Bernard-Converse had 11 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a solid QB rating when targetted of 81.9.
After the end of the season Bernard-Converse transferred to LSU where as a fifth year senior for the Tigers in 2022 Bernard-Converse played in 12 games and took part in 591 snaps for the Tigers. He logged 34 tackles, 3 assists, and made 14 stops. In coverage Bernard-Converse had 2 pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered QB rating when targetted of 104.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can get up under a receiver’s chin and has the speed to flip his hips and run downfield. Bernard-Converse has the quick and surprisingly powerful hands to jostle receivers early. But he’s at his best peeking into the backfield.
- He tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
- Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills.
- Tracks and plays the ball well, and has decent hands for the interception. Provides very tight man coverage with playmaking ability in zone.
- His ball skills are very good. Bernard-Converse tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Bernard-Converse isn’t targeted often.
- He’ll line up in press at times, where he has a quick and powerful punch. His ball skills are good, and he plays with an extremely confident and competitive demeanor.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Bernard-Converse plays high and tends to struggle with change of direction, and Bernard-Converse also shows some stiffness when he has to flip his hips.
- Struggles to transition and drive out of his backpedal when playing off-man. Like a lot of physical corners at the collegiate level, he’s too handsy downfield at this point.
- Bernard-Converse runs well, but he doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
Jarrick Bernard-Converse percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jarrick Bernard-Converse (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank