- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Joe Ngata (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank