Draft Profile: BioJordan Wright from Dillard High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Wright joined Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Wright saw action in 7 games and played a total of 57 snaps at linebacker for the Wildcats. He recorded only 3 tackles, one assist, while adding one stop. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2019 Wright played in 13 games and took part in 379 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded 21 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 19 stops. In coverage Wright made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 90.6. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 16 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and a decent 4 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Wright played in 11 games and contributed on 468 snaps. He recorded 33 tackles, 8 assists while making 22 stops. In coverage Wright chalked up 3 pass breakups, one interception, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 88.1. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a decent 4 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Wright logged playing time in 9 games and logged a total of 312 snaps for the Wildcats. He also added 22 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. While in coverage Wright made one pass breakup, no interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 72.9. As a pass rusher, he tallied 8 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Wright logged playing time in 11 games and logged a total of 573 snaps for the Wildcats. He also added 41 tackles, 15 assists, and 27 stops. While in coverage Wright made one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 94.2. As a pass rusher, he tallied 18 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, Wright holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- In coverage, he shows excellent awareness and anticipation when dropping back into zone, and he has the fluidity and speed to run with most tight ends over the middle.
- He’s explosive off the line of scrimmage, showing the quickness that sets blockers back on their heels.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll need to be covered up to be effective. He’s not the kind of guy you can line up in the pass rush and have him bend the edge; he’s limited to shooting through gaps.
- Wright lacks the ability to anchor and set the edge as a run defender, and Wright too often gets caught up in the wash when chasing in pursuit.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
Jordan Wright percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jordan Wright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank