Draft Profile: BioJordan Wright from Dillard High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Wright joined Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Wright saw action in 7 games and played a total of 57 snaps at linebacker for the Wildcats. He recorded only 3 tackles, one assist, while adding one stop. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2019 Wright played in 13 games and took part in 379 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded 21 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 19 stops. In coverage Wright made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 90.6. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 16 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Wright played in 11 games and contributed on 468 snaps. He recorded 33 tackles, 8 assists while making 22 stops. In coverage Wright chalked up 3 pass breakups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 88.1. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Wright logged playing time in 9 games and logged a total of 312 snaps for the Wildcats. He also added 22 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. While in coverage Wright made one pass breakup, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 72.9. As a pass rusher, he tallied 8 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Wright logged playing time in 11 games and logged a total of 573 snaps for the Wildcats. He also added 41 tackles, 15 assists, and 27 stops. While in coverage Wright made one pass breakup, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 94.2. As a pass rusher, he tallied 18 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, Wright holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- In coverage, he shows excellent awareness and anticipation when dropping back into zone, and he has the fluidity and speed to run with most tight ends over the middle.
- He’s explosive off the line of scrimmage, showing the quickness that sets blockers back on their heels.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll need to be covered up to be effective. He’s not the kind of guy you can line up in the pass rush and have him bend the edge; he’s limited to shooting through gaps.
- Wright lacks the ability to anchor and set the edge as a run defender, and Wright too often gets caught up in the wash when chasing in pursuit.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
Jordan Wright percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jordan Wright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank