- Not the biggest, strongest or fastest but does enough with preparation and instincts to get a look. Not big or tenacious as a blocker in the passing game.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Compact build with a thick upper body and leg strength. Runs hard and with balance, is a patient runner who makes subtle, energetic cuts to make up for his modest explosiveness.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Lacks a true burst through the hole and elite speed to break away or get to the corner against NFL defenses.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Inconsistent breaking tackles and lacks elite speed. Too often bounces plays outside looking for the home run. Doesn't play with consistent focus or physicality.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
How other scouting services rate Josh Fields (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank