Draft Profile: BioJosh Proctor attended Owasso High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.964, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Proctor opted to join Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Proctor saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 3 snaps at Linebacker for the Buckeyes. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Proctor notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 129 snaps for the Buckeyes. He made 10 tackles, no assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage he totaled 3 pass breakups, one interception, and a decent QB rating when targetted of 77.1.
In 2020 as a junior Proctor played in 7 games and contributed on 357 snaps. He chalked up 21 tackles, one assist, and added 5 stops. In the secondary Proctor forced no pass breakups, one interception, and gave up a decent QB rating when targetted of 89.3.
In 2021 as a senior Proctor saw action in 2 games while playing 84 snaps. He logged 10 tackles, one assist, and made 2 stops. In coverage Proctor had no pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Eager to come downhill as a tackler and plays with a physical edge, and he’s effective as a blitzer.
- Flashes good ball skills. Proctor has the fluidity and change-of-direction ability to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- Great on route recognition and has click-and-close ability
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has a cornerback body and needs to continue to get stronger to be more effective shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate Josh Proctor (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank