- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- Has a good feel for the game with the anticipation and instincts to survive despite average at best size for an NFL defensive end.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Not a quick-twitch athlete or naturally flexible short-area player. Fails to rely when initial push is halted.
- Lacks ideal height, length and overall frame for the position. Short, doesn't have the chiseled body type ideal for the position.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Has limited athleticism and range. Lacks natural explosion or first-step burst to consistently threaten the edge.
- He's active but his shorter arms and only adequate burst off the line render him a wave or sub-package player in the pros.
Julius Turner percentiles vs other Defensive Line's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Julius Turner (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank